- It's important to purposefully embed the 4Cs into the learning experience. One of the best ways is to develop an authentic task. But what is an authentic task?
- How do the Authentic Task Development Guidelines align with your Table Talk?
- Take 2 talking gems from your supply box.
- When you want to contribute to the conversation, place a gem in the center of the table.
- Discussion continues until all team members have used both of their gems.
- When developing a lesson or unit of study, Wiggins and McTighe, authors of Understanding by Design, recommend beginning with either standards OR an authentic task. Today we're starting with an authentic task.
- Refer to the charts generated earlier along with the Authentic Task Development Guidelines. What are your ideas about an authentic task for a lesson/unit that might be highly engaging to students?
- Enter your team's suggested authentic task here.
- What standards might be thoroughly addressed in completion of your authentic task?
- What connections can you make to the image on our Reflection page? Post your thoughts there.
- Why was it important to look at the life pieces from the chart to develop an authentic task?
- How might an authentic task change the learning experience?